Pineapple, which has a maximum of useful properties, refers to the large-choke species. Its birthplace is Brazil. But besides this country the fruit is grown on a large scale in Costa Rica, Thailand and the Philippines.
Caloric content of pineapple and its chemical composition
100 grams of pineapple only 50 kcal. In addition to the fact that pineapple calorie is so small, it also has a positive effect on the digestive process, which makes it an indispensable component of a diet for weight loss.
The benefits of pineapple due to its rich chemical composition:
• Vitamins B1, B2, B12,
Pineapple: what is the benefit for the body?
In order to increase the enzymatic activity of the stomach, it is enough to drink a glass of useful pineapple juice or eat one slice of its pulp. It helps with digestive disorders or if you want to lose weight. Bromelain and papain, which are part of a tropical fruit, contribute to the rapid breakdown of proteins and fats. It saves and when overeating - a slice of pineapple will help to quickly get rid of the feeling of a heavy stomach, after a heavy meal.
Often, in the process of losing weight, the problem is the retention of excess fluid in the body. Get rid of it allows a high content of potassium salts in the pineapple pulp. The same beneficial properties of pineapple eliminate swelling and fight against thrombosis.
Eating pineapple pulp or its juice will help gently clean the intestines.
Those who are swayed in vehicles and during flights, pineapple juice will help get rid of the feeling of nausea.
Given the composition of pineapple, rich in vitamins and microelements, its benefits to the body are quite extensive. With its regular use in food, it is possible to maintain a healthy nervous and cardiovascular systems, normalize the level of hemoglobin in the blood and reduce its viscosity, monitor the healthy state of the hair, teeth and the entire musculoskeletal system. The beneficial properties of pineapple help to strengthen the immune system and strengthen it.
Pineapple: what is the harm to health?
Harm of pineapple due to the high content of acids and simple sugars. Abusing desserts and juice from a tropical crested fruit can be provoked:
• Destruction of tooth enamel and acid burn of mucous tissues in the oral cavity,
• Irritation of the gastrointestinal tract, up to the development of an ulcer,
• Prerequisites for the development of diabetes.
To avoid undesirable consequences will help a simple sense of proportion.
There are also contraindications, neglecting which from the pineapple can be obtained only harm to health:
Pineapple for children: good or bad?
Pineapple is quite allergenic product for babies under the age of one year. When the child is 8 months old, you can consult with the leading pediatrician at the time of the introduction of such feeding in the infant diet. Surely a new taste of tropical delicacies will appeal to little gourmets. With the appearance of undesirable reactions, it is necessary to postpone a treat with pineapple until more adult age.
For older children, pineapple with its beneficial properties is a real find. Actively growing body requires a large number of trace elements and vitamins for its harmonious and comprehensive development. Pineapple just has the very benefits for children's health, which is difficult to fill with other fruits and berries in the winter, for example.
In order to avoid the negative effects of the acids contained in the pineapple pulp, it is not necessary to give it to the child on an empty stomach. It will be much more useful if it is a delicious dessert or drunk juice in the process of eating.
The benefits and harm of pineapple during pregnancy and during breastfeeding
During pregnancy, it is useful for the future mother to expand her diet by adding as many fruits, berries, and vegetables as possible. But tropical fruits are unlikely to occupy a leading position, given the allergenicity. If the doctor does not find reasons for restriction in pineapples, then it is not necessary to completely abandon them, but it is important not to lose the sense of proportion. Only such an approach will protect the baby from possible allergies to citrus fruits in the future.
With regards to the breastfeeding period, the nursing mother should abandon pineapples until her baby is half a year old. Then you can try to eat a small slice of pineapple pulp and follow the reaction of the child's body. Rashes on the cheeks or changes in the formation and frequency of the baby’s stool suggest that you shouldn’t experiment yet, as pineapples will only cause harm so far.
Pineapples are fresh or canned: where is more benefit?
Calorie canned pineapple is slightly different from fresh - 83 kcal per 100 grams. This happens due to the fact that the peeled slices are immersed in a special syrup, and then preserved. This approach allows you to save all the beneficial properties of pineapple.
From this we can conclude that the benefits of fresh and canned pineapple are identical. But when choosing the latter, it is necessary to take into account that the qualitative composition indicated on the bank includes only three positions: water, sugar, pineapples. The presence of preservatives indicates an unscrupulous manufacturer and a product hazardous to health.
Choosing a fresh pineapple you need to pay attention to the degree of its maturity. Ripe pineapple is distinguished by a moving leafy cap and the presence of a light mold on the bottom of the stems. The fruit is slightly soft, has a yellow-brown color and a pleasant sweet aroma. This pineapple has ripened, it is good for the body, and it can be eaten. Unripe fruit is hard, has a greenish tint and dull aroma. The taste of such a pineapple is unpleasant, it burns lips and tongue with its acid. When ingested in the digestive system, unripe pineapple acids can be harmful in the form of severe irritation of the mucous membranes and, subsequently, a laxative effect.
Pineapples in cooking: calorie
Pineapples are widely used in cooking. Of them are preparing desserts and drinks, they are added to salads, meat dishes and pastries. Depending on the dish, the fruit does not lose its beneficial properties, but the caloric content of the pineapple varies:
• Pineapple juice - 48 kcal,
• Compote with pineapples - 71 kcal,
• Salads with pineapples - up to 165 kcal,
• Chicken with pineapples - 96 kcal,
• Pineapple candied fruit - 90 kcal,
• Pineapple muffins - 286 kcal,
• Chocolate with pineapple in the filling - 498 kcal,
• Dietary yogurt with pineapples - up to 80 kcal.
The benefits of pineapples in cosmetology
On the shelves of pharmacies and supermarkets you can find a lot of creams, ointments and tonic lotions, which include pineapple extract. But in order to evaluate the healing properties of this tropical fruit, it is enough to purchase only him.
Holders of oily skin should wipe their face daily with a small piece of fresh pineapple. Juice, penetrating into the pores, inhibits their production of skin fat secretion and narrows them. The skin acquires a smooth texture and matte tone. In addition, pineapple has an antimicrobial effect that will prevent the formation of acne.
Useful properties of pineapple invigorate fading skin, if you daily wipe your face with a slice of fruit.
Pineapple is able to save even the roughest corns and corns. In order to soften the hardened place, you need to attach a piece of pineapple pulp to it, firmly fix and leave for the night. After such a compress, the problem area of the skin will become more pliable and will be easier to process and cut off.
Non-standard use of pineapples: spinning art
Caring for pineapples in the process of their cultivation is very difficult and even dangerous. A person working on a pineapple plantation must wear special equipment to protect his body from cuts and thrusts by prickly bushes. For faster flowering and high-quality fruits, use special fertilizers. Daily hand care for the wide expanses of pineapple fields.
Of course, in the 16th century, precautions were kept to a minimum or were completely absent. But by this, in contact with a tropical plant, the Indians noticed that the leaves have many fibers in their structure. After numerous attempts and tests, a method was found to get a cloth from the leaves of a pineapple bush. This process is very laborious and lengthy. After all, it was first necessary to remove the fibers from the leaves, then dry them in the open air, and only then were taken to the fabric manufacture. The finished canvas was very light and slightly transparent. Having ivory color, the fabric was easy to color in any color, and when contaminated it was easy to wash, keeping its strength.
In antiquity, only royal persons were honored to receive dresses made of aerial delicate pineapple matter. Today, some famous fashion designers create their elite collections of clothes using exclusively fabrics made from pineapple leaves.
Well, there is the production of pineapple paper. And some countries of the world, such as, for example, Scotland, America or Thailand, respect the useful and tasty pineapple so much that they use its forms in architecture and devote holidays to this fruit from the hot tropics. In China, pineapple symbolizes wealth in the house.
We just love to enjoy this berry from the jungle. Or celebrate the New Year with a glass of champagne and a pineapple slice. By the way, this tradition came to us from Germany.
Useful properties of pineapple, calorie
In the flesh of the fruit seed contains almost all the vitamins and trace elements necessary for the human body. The product contains vitamins B, A, E, PP, C, K. Pineapple is rich in magnesium, potassium, iron, sodium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, selenium, manganese, boron, iodine, calcium and other minerals.
There are dietary fibers and organic acids, antioxidants and pectin compounds, sugars and ashes, plant enzymes and enzymes, essential amino acids and bioflavonoids.
- 85.5% of the product consists of water.
- The caloric content of the edible part of pineapple is 48.3 kcal per 100 gr.
- The amount of protein compounds is 0.3 g / 100 g, fat - 0.1 g / 100 g, carbohydrates - 11.8 g / 100 g.
Pineapple is of particular value due to the fact that its juice contains the plant enzyme - bromelain. This substance has anti-inflammatory, improves blood circulation, activates the digestive processes properties.
Scientists have determined that bromelain is a natural fat burner. That is why pineapple is often included in diets aimed at normalizing body weight and is recommended for use along with fatty and heavy foods.
Do you know what to eat pineapple oil?
Pineapple - health benefits and harm
The benefits and harms of pineapple are determined by the complex composition of biologically active phytonutrients with the following therapeutic qualities:
- activates the processes of digestion,
- cleans the intestines from toxins, toxins and toxic substances,
- reduces blood viscosity
- stabilizes the activity of the central nervous system,
- speeds up the metabolism
- relieves swelling, removing excess fluid from tissues,
- boosts immunity
- lowers blood pressure
- prevents the occurrence of hypovitaminosis, especially in the cold season.
The inclusion of pineapple in the daily menu improves the condition of the entire excretory system. The product is useful for violations of the kidneys. Only 1 cup of fresh juice or 200-250 grams of pulp per day will save you from edema of various origins and provide the body with a daily rate of vitamins and trace elements.
Exotics is recommended to be used for various heart and vascular ailments: arterial hypertension, atherosclerosis, coronary artery disease, angina pectoris, stroke, heart attack, varicose veins, thrombosis. The product helps with treatment and is a powerful prophylactic. Pediatricians and general practitioners advise eating fruits and drinking fresh juice for colds, coughing, rhinitis, flu, and other acute respiratory viral infections.
According to nutritionists, pineapple juice or its pulp enhances the activity of gastric juice. That is why the fruit is recommended for use before a hearty meal with lots of meat food. Undoubtedly, the use of seed heads for patients suffering from disorders of the nervous system.
Doctors say that pineapple enhances the effect of antibacterial agents several times. This property can be used when taking antibiotics.
The benefits of pineapple for women's health
The healing properties of pineapple for women consist in the powerful ability of exot to accelerate metabolism and activate the processes of burning fat. The fruit itself, the juice and extracts from it are used by nutritionists in the process of losing weight.
Today on the market of dietary supplements to food there are many drugs containing extracts from exotic - bromelain, the main action of which is aimed at losing weight and improving the workings of the gastrointestinal tract.
The benefits of pineapple for women's health is that the fetus contains serotonin, which improves the emotional background and dulls the feeling of hunger. Regular inclusion in the diet of delicious pulp and freshly squeezed juice not only helps to reduce body weight and maintain its harmony, but also leads to an optimization of mood and is effective prevention of diseases of the heart, blood vessels, and the reproductive system.
The benefits of pineapples for men's health
Fruits help the body to recover from physical and emotional overloads, so it is included in the diet of athletes and men engaged in heavy industries.
- Exotic fruit is a powerful aphrodisiac that increases male power, potency and libido.
In the countries of the South American continent, pineapples are used to make medicinal drinks that can prevent prostate problems at any age.
The benefits of dried and canned pineapples
When dried, the product retains most of the biologically active phytonutrients. Dried pineapples are high in calories 268 kcal / 100 gr. It is not recommended to eat more per day, 150 grams of this delicacy.
Prefer products made by drying natural pulp (they have an uneven surface and a brownish tint), avoiding candied fruit, rings or plates that have previously been soaked with sugar syrup (such products of a uniform pale lemon color look juicy and dense).
Canned pineapples are made with the addition of sugar syrup, they are included in the menu of adults and children as a nutritious dessert. The health benefits of canned pineapples are somewhat lower than when eating fresh fruit or juice.
During heat treatment, most of the vitamins are destroyed, but the concentration of healing enzymes and trace elements in this product remains almost unchanged. It should be noted that for all striving for harmony, it is better to use fresh or dried pineapples.
Harm of pineapple, contraindications
A high concentration of enzymes - bromelain and papain in the joint forces destroy proteins. That is why exotic is contraindicated in pathological conditions of the digestive system.
High acidity of the pulp can cause the development of ulcers of the gastric mucosa. Anyone who suffers from diseases of the digestive tract associated with high acidity, from the use of the product is better to abstain.
Biologically active components of pineapple adversely affect the state of tooth enamel. Therefore, after eating pineapple in any form and drinking juice, it is advisable to brush your teeth or rinse the mouth with a solution of soda (1 tsp. Of powder per cup of water).
- An immature or spoiled fruit can cause miscarriage in pregnant women, so you should be careful about choosing a quality product, preferring dried or canned pineapples.
In some cases, people are allergic to an exotic fetus. Be careful with trying pineapple for the first time, carefully watching the body's reactions to a new product. The same recommendation applies to children, especially younger ones.
There is no doubt that the inclusion in the diet of exotic seed crops is of great benefit to the health of adults and children. Pineapple, whose beneficial properties are proven by world-renowned scientists, is a unique fruit worthy of becoming a frequent guest on our table.
Benefit for health
- Improves digestion. Fruit fiber has a beneficial effect on the digestive system. Most of the fibers are soluble, they bind water in the stomach, slowing down the absorption of nutrients. The digestive enzyme in the pineapple bromelain helps the body absorb proteins.
- With a cold and cough. Immunity-enhancing vitamin C and bromelain with its anti-inflammatory properties contribute to the destruction of bacteria and viruses. Pineapple juice liquefies and removes phlegm when coughing, relieves sore throat.
- Healthy heart. The combination of ascorbic acid and bromelain is good for the heart. Vitamin C prevents platelet sticking and the formation of blood clots. Bromelain promotes free blood flow, reduces the risk of stroke, myocardial infarction and other cardiovascular problems.
- Against cancer Бромелайн убивает раковые клетки. Этот фермент обладает избирательной токсичностью, разрушая мутировавшие клетки и оставляя здоровые без каких-либо повреждений.
- In the fight against cholesterol. Pineapple contains sterols, which reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood. Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant and acts in a similar way.
- Reduces blood pressure. Due to the high concentration of potassium and low sodium, fresh pineapple juice reduces blood pressure, therefore it is useful for hypertension, like other natural juices.
- It contributes to weight loss. High levels of vitamin C, which increases the metabolism of fiber, promotes weight loss. Pineapple is a key ingredient in some popular diets.
- Energy charge. A large amount of fructose provides the body with readily available energy due to the acceleration of metabolism.
- Relieves arthritis. It has anti-inflammatory properties, so it relieves pain caused by arthritis. People who suffer from gout or carpal tunnel syndrome, pineapples will help to survive difficult times.
- Makes bones stronger. High manganese concentrations prevent osteoporosis. Calcium promotes bone growth, and vitamin C helps in the prevention of inflammatory bone diseases.
- With bronchitis. Pineapple juice relieves cough because of the high level of bromelain. This enzyme prevents the accumulation of mucus and contributes to its rapid removal from the bronchi.
- For a great view. Retinal dystrophy with age can result in loss of vision. Eating pineapple reduces the risk of macular degeneration, including through beta-carotene.
- Positive effect on brain activity. Increases serotonin levels, helps in the fight against depression and sadness.
- Benefits for the skin. Fruit acids found in the pulp of pineapple help remove dead and damaged cells, improve skin elasticity and moisturize it. Natural enzymes along with antioxidants fight against cell oxidation and thereby inhibit the appearance of the first signs of aging, reduce existing wrinkles.
- Whiten teeth. The enzyme bromelain with almost magical properties has distinguished itself here. It turns out that it protects tooth enamel, removes plaque and whitens teeth.
- For oral health. Pineapple lovers are less likely to suffer from gum diseases such as gingivitis and periodontitis. Fruit agents kill bacteria that cause gum disease.
Harm and side effects
One of the side effects associated with eating pineapple may be an allergic reaction. Sometimes it appears only in the swelling of the lips and tongue and passes within a few hours. But in some cases, allergies can cause not only a rash and local swelling, but also problems with breathing. If, after consuming the fruit, you notice these symptoms in yourself, consult a doctor immediately.
Excessive bromelain enzyme, which is so rich in pineapples, in the body leads to diarrhea, vomiting, skin rashes and heavy menstrual bleeding.
Pregnant women should treat this exotic fruit with extreme caution - it can cause a contraction of the uterus, which can lead to miscarriage.
Bromelain enters into chemical reactions with certain medications. If you are taking anticoagulants, antibiotics, barbiturates, anticonvulsants, sleeping pills, blood thinners, or anti-depressants, consult your doctor before tempting you and pounce on ripe, expiring pineapple juice.