The phrase “grows by leaps and bounds” is widely known, but this phraseologism is not widely understood as a guide for including “culinary” bacteria in the feeding schedule.
Meanwhile, the use of these available for each microorganism can significantly increase the endurance of crops and yield. From my own experience I will say that cucumbers and tomatoes are the most responsive to this kind of feeding.
The benefits of yeast for garden crops
The positive impact of yeast and their metabolic products on plants and soil is expressed in the whole complex of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, iron and other elements produced by bacteria, resulting in:
- the plants are getting stronger and tougher,
- increases the immunity of crops
- the rate of rooting accelerates,
- cuttings and shoots of shrubs root better,
- increases the rate of vegetative mass gain in plants.
After applying yeast top dressing in the soil, the amount of beneficial bacteria increases, which actively decompose the organic matter present in it.
In the humus produced there is a high nitrogen content, which is necessary for the development of stems and the formation of fruits in cucumbers and tomatoes.
Yeast Feed Recipes
Basically, yeast top dressing is applied at the beginning of the season, when seedlings are rooting and new shoots appear. This fertilizer helps sprouts quickly adapt and gain strength.
To prepare a nutritious and healthy fertilizer, you can use both dry powder and pressed yeast, which you can buy at any chain store:
- Dry yeast fertilizer. Buy a bag of dry baker's yeast (100 gr.) And pour it into a bucket of warm water. To feed the bacteria themselves, it is necessary to inject 2 tbsp into the liquid. l Sahara. Then let the leaven stand for 2 hours and dilute with water 1: 5. 60 liters of nutrient yeast fertilizer ready.
- Top dressing from the pressed yeast. Place a 1 kg briquette in a bucket of warm water, helping the mass to separate. To feed the bacteria, add 2-3 tbsp. sugar and leave for 2 hours. Then dilute the starter to a volume of 60 liters.
It is important to know that yeast bacteria in the course of their vital activity take a lot of potassium from the soil, which is important for vegetable crops. To prevent this shortage, many gardeners add some chicken manure and 2 kg of wood ash to the dressing before applying it to the beds or use these important fertilizers 1 week after the yeast.
Previously, in villages, garden crops were fertilized, insisting in buckets the remains of bread and yeast dough, and also pouring acidified kvass, milk or fermented milk products into them. The fermented liquid served as an effective and nutritious top dressing for all plants grown in garden beds, flower beds and fruit bushes.
You can also add grass to recipes for yeast top dressing - the fermented liquid will become a rich source of mass of micro and macronutrients useful for vegetable and fruit crops. Use for nutrient fertilizer you can nettle, tops, hop creepers, weeds without seeds, etc.
Method of application
Like any fertilizer, yeast top dressing should be used metered and according to a certain schedule. It is important to take into account that it is a source of nitrogen for plants: this trace element is important for crop growth, but in the period of fruiting or the preparation of perennials and shrubs for the fall, its excess will be superfluous.
Melon and nightshade react particularly well to yeast dressings. I will tell you how to apply this fertilizer in the beds with cucumbers and tomatoes, since these are the most popular crops growing in each garden.
Yeast fertilizer for cucumbers
Nutrient nutrition is needed for cucumbers all the time: it is used both during the growing season, when the first leaves appear, and during the fruiting period. Yeast fertilizer is applied to the beds from 2 to 5 times per season with a break between manipulations of 2 weeks. The number of irrigations depends on what complexes you still use, in addition to popular methods.
If you did not make nitrogen-containing complexes before planting or planting seedlings in the garden, spill the soil around the sprouts and seedlings well with ready-made yeast fertilizer, and through the splitter “feed” the entire area of planting. This method of irrigation will give food to the plants now and will “store” in the soil important trace elements for the future.
The result of the first watering will be noticeable after a few days - the shoots will get stronger and will grow faster. Cucumbers love this kind of "cocktail" of vitamins, minerals and proteins. It even seems to me that spilled plants decrease the number of male flowers, and the number of ovaries increases.
If you do not use chemical complexes, repeat nutrient irrigation of cucumbers every 2 weeks. If you feed cultures with granules and certain elements, a second time you can fertilize the bed with yeast after adding phosphorus.
Yeast top dressing for tomatoes is used twice per season, it does not make sense to use it a large number of times, since a high nitrogen content will lead to thickening of the tomato bushes to the detriment of their productivity. The nutrient fluid for this culture is more likely an assistant for the adaptation, rooting and strengthening of plants.
Watering tomatoes yeast dressing need in 2 stages:
- A week after planting the seedlings to a permanent place in several visits, spill both the plants themselves and the soil around the watering can with a divider. After such help, tomatoes will quickly recover and take root in the greenhouse or on the garden bed. It will be good to mulch the soil - this will create a favorable warm environment for bacteria and will not allow moisture to evaporate from the bed.
- For the second and last time with yeast fertilizer, tomatoes are spilled when the beginnings of floral ovaries begin to appear on the bushes. Relatively mature plants at this stage should be given about 2 liters of nutrient fluid to each. Note that during flowering tomatoes can not be fed with this tool.
Yeast top dressing is an effective growth stimulant for tomatoes: the bushes quickly gain strength, and the leaves become fleshy. More information about the use of this fertilizer and the rules of irrigation of different crops you will learn from the video:
Deadlines for making a valuable component
Yeast is a unicellular microorganism of fungal origin. Can they feed cucumbers? Yeast as a fertilizer for cucumbers makes it possible to activate beneficial bacteria in the soil and promote their reproduction. The growth of the roots of the plant is accelerated, getting a natural top dressing, they become strong, the ability to fight with many diseases increases, the number of crops increases.
Yeast top dressing for cucumbers grown on open beds is applied 2-3 times during the whole growing season.
- The first time feeding of cucumbers in the open ground is carried out when the first pair of leaflets unfolds on the sprout. Feeding seedlings can be carried out in combination of yeast with other components.
- The second time it is advisable to apply fertilizer before flowering, so that many strong ovaries are formed.
- The last time fertilizer is applied after the first mass harvest. The composition will allow the plant to gain strength again for the subsequent formation of the fruit.
The main recommendation of agronomists and experienced gardeners is: “Observe the dosage of the components. You should not overdo it, because it can lead to the development of not green fruit, but green fruit. It is better not to feed the vegetables than to feed them. ” It is also important to alternately use organic fertilizers with mineral supplements.
In a greenhouse made of polycarbonate or a greenhouse, cucumbers require additional feeding, almost every week, three of them can be replaced with compounds with yeast. In greenhouse conditions, the processing of cucumbers with yeast, bread and barley starter is popular. Top dressing of cucumbers in the greenhouse is carried out in 10-14 days after the seedlings are planted, before the start of flowering and after collecting the first mass crop.
How to fertilize cucumber beds with yeast solution based compounds? Using yeast dressing, you must follow and follow some recommendations:
- yeast is used for irrigation of cucumbers only in warm, dry weather (air temperature is above 16 degrees),
- do not abuse the yeast solution, the best option is two or three single application,
- it is necessary to observe concentration, since not only a lack, but also an excess of elements can lead to a poor harvest,
- Advice: “dilute with water before irrigation or spraying,”
- efficiency is manifested when grown in an open or closed area, but when using yeast for cucumbers in a greenhouse, it is not necessary to add sugar,
- allowed root and root treatment.
Numerous positive reviews indicate an improvement in the status of vegetable patches after homemade formulations made from yeast. “Every year I process the beds of peppers, cucumbers and other vegetable crops with yeast compounds. Experimenting, adding other components.
Most of all I like the result after using it together with wood ash, chicken manure and whey. ”
Tips and videos from experienced gardener Yuli Minyaeva, who lives in Serpukhov, are very popular. Every year she tries out many new methods of planting and processing of vegetable crops. She believes that the most useful top dressing for cucumbers is a yeast talker. It is better to take dry yeast, as the recipe involves the addition of sugar and warm water.
Variants of recipes
There are several options for how to feed the cucumbers with yeast. You can use the resulting solution to conduct foliar spraying, or pour the plant under the root.
The most important step is fertilization during the flowering of cucumbers and during fruiting. This time is central to laying the foundation for the future harvest. Timely and properly prepared dressing will allow ovaries to form that will not fall off and they will be able to form even, crispy cucumbers.
To feed with yeast brought the development of vegetables only benefit, you need to know how to prepare the composition. For this, just need to follow the advice of the selected recipe.
- In order for the fruit to develop and grow faster, it is best to use dry yeast formulations. In warm water (5 liters), one sachet of yeast powder weighing 10 g should be diluted. Pour 100 g of sugar into the solution and leave to ferment in a dark place. Watering the resulting solution should be every bush under the root. Be sure, before watering cucumbers, the solution is diluted with water in a ratio of 200 ml per bucket of water.
Irrigation of cucumbers with yeast is best carried out in the evening, in calm, dry weather. The composition is equally suitable for cucumbers growing indoors or outdoors.
- Dry yeast for top dressing is perfectly combined with ascorbic acid. A pack of dry yeast is dissolved in warm water and only 2 g of ascorbic acid is added. Such a composition not only activates the formation of ovaries, but also significantly reduces the number of barren flowers.
For the preparation of nutritious feeding take not only dry, but also the usual culinary pressed, live yeast.
- 12 days after transplanting, on the prepared site it is useful to make the following composition. Take 500 g of pressed yeast, pour 200 g of sugar and pour 10 liters of hot water. The solution obtained is diluted with water (1: 5) before pouring and poured under the root, counting on each 500 ml.
- The combination of yeast with bread is especially useful for cucumbers grown in a greenhouse. You will need to crush bread, add water and pour 100 g of sugar. Yeast can be used any. Dry need 5 grams, pressed - 100 g. Fertilizer to use will be ready in three days. After infusion, the mixture is filtered and diluted with water (1: 5). The solution can not only be watered at the root, but also to conduct foliar spraying.
How to properly feed? It is important to know that yeast enriches the soil with potassium and nitrogen, but at the same time, it reduces the calcium content. Therefore, it is useful to accompany the preparation by adding eggshells and ashes.
- Fertilizer yeast can be prepared with wood ash. The composition will enrich the soil with micronutrients. Crude yeast 100 g or 10 g of dry powder is diluted with three liters of water. Wood ash will need 200 g per 5 liters of water. Before processing it is necessary to mix a liter of yeast solution with 500 ml of ash water and strain. Subadder is better to use for irrigation under the root.
- The following composition for feeding cucumbers is also considered good. Put pieces of bread or crackers in a bucket, pour water and add manure. Leave the mixture to infuse for a week. Before watering, dilute with water: a liter of the solution obtained is useful for a bucket of water. Diluted components do not contain a dangerous concentration of substances that can burn the plant's root system.
- In order to prepare the composition of eggshell and yeast, you need to insist each of the components. The shell of 5-6 eggs is crushed, poured 500 ml of boiling water and cover with a lid. Need to insist during the week. The resulting infusion is mixed with yeast water. Before irrigation, it is recommended to dilute the solution with water at a ratio of 1: 5.
These compositions can even be used for cucumber seedlings. Only the amount of the solution should be reduced.
The feedback from experienced gardeners who irrigate their cucumber beds with yeast solutions is extremely positive. Everyone notes the active growth of plants that rarely get sick, the formation of a large number of fruits with excellent taste.